Weeds are frustrating regardless of the season. What is the most effective way to prevent weeds? Treat your property with PRE-EMERGENT at least twice per year – once in early spring, and again during summer or fall. PRE-EMERGENT herbicides are chemicals designed to control germinating weed seeds. As the name suggests, the target are weeds that have not yet emerged from the soil. Weeds should NOT be visible above ground at the time of application. PRE-EMERGENT is not designed to control existing weeds, these chemicals kill weeds as they begin to sprout. It is possible for seeds to remain dormant and not be harmed during the application, this is why weed control is a constant process and ongoing applications of PRE-EMERGENT is VERY IMPORTANT. Watering in activates the herbicide, because of this, early spring is the one of the best times to apply PRE-EMERGENT.
Let us help tame your weeds! Call us today for a FREE Estimate! 928-830-4061
Top Fall Yard Clean Up Tips
- Clean up leaves and weeds: Not only are leaves and weeds the perfect place for rodents and pest to nest for the winter, but this debris can cause damage and disease to your shrubs, plants and lawn.
- Prune trees and shrubs: As the weather cools, it is the perfect time to prune your plants. Trimming trees and shrubs helps the plant and will also make spring cleanup easier. Trim deadwood and cut back overgrown trees and bushes.
- Plant bulbs, annuals and shrubs: While most of us think of Spring as the time to plant, fall is also a great time for planting. Autumn is the time to plant spring bulbs, as well as cool season vegetables (early August), trees and shrubs.
- Protect plants from extreme weather: This is the time to add mulch and wrap plants in burlap to prevent damage from frost and snow.
- Clean out rain gutters: No time like the present to clear any obstructions to ensure proper drainage.
- Winterize your irrigation: Be prepared for the impending cold weather. As temperatures begin to drop, it’s time to winterize your irrigation and hoses. Your irrigation lines should be drained or blown out using an air compressor, and hoses should be drained before the first hard freeze. Below the freezing point, some of the most critical components of an irrigation system can be damaged.
Maintenance & Firewise Clean Ups
ZebraScapes is a licensed contractor (ROC 270393). We bring more
than 12 years of professional landscape
and expertise to your property.
ZebraScapes, we run 2 full maintenance crews servicing Prescott,
Prescott Valley, Chino
Valley and Yavapai County. We provide
weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly landscape maintenance for both
residential and commercial customers. We offer maintenance for
yards, one time clean ups, tree trimming, and pruning of plants.
We specialize in deep root
we put the organic fertilizer down to the main feeder roots all
around the tree.
using the following types of trees in your landscaping: Austrian
Pine, Blue Spruce,
Autumn Blaze, Aspen, Maple, Pines, Bradford Pear, and Crab Apple.
Newly acquired leaf vacuum.
ZebraScapes landscape maintenance crew assigned to you is responsible
for your landscape’s appearance and will follow a plan developed
specifically for you and your needs. Your crew is reliable and
thorough, and will visit you on a regularly scheduled basis.
These customized maintenance plans work well for seasonal visitors
to the Prescott area. We can
watch over your property while you are residing elsewhere. In
addition to regular scheduled maintenance, ZebraScapes can help
you with one-time clean-up projects that give you a jump start
to enjoying your yard again.
We also install, start up, winterize, and maintain
all irrigation systems.
Zebrascapes is constantly training its employees. Below shows our employese being trained on pruning and planting.
Commercial Maintenance - Click for larger images
Residential Maintenance - Click for larger images
Spring or Fall Clean Up, Grass and Weed
Removal, Irrigation Repairs, Tree and Shrub Pruning, Replacement
or Removal, Fertilization - you name it...we can do it!
Contact ZebraScapes today (928) 830-4061 for your
free Maintenance estimate. We keep your landscape looking great